Location: Eagle River, Alaska
Client: Roman Catholic Church
Market Sectors: Community
St. Andrew’s Parish in Eagle River, Alaska is one of the fastest growing parishes in the State. To meet the anticipated growth for the next twenty years, Architects Alaska, working with the Parish Building Committee, Liturgical Consultant, and Project Manager developed a master plan that included an 1100 seat church, parish center, and future school. The church features three chapels, including one devoted to the builders of the original church that includes art and furnishings from the original church.
The parish center includes offices and a mix of dedicated and multiple use teaching spaces for religious education. Multiple use spaces include the parish hall that can be configured using operable partitions and a choir practice room that also serves as two teaching spaces.